Handbook of Management Scales/Firm resilience
Firm resilience (alpha = 0.85)
A new scale was developed to measure firm resilience. A substantive validity test was used for scale purification.
Firm’s resilience to supply chain disruptions is defined by the authors as “the capability of the firm to be alert to, adapt to, and quickly respond to changes brought by a supply chain disruption”.
- We are able to cope with changes brought by the supply chain disruption. (0.89)
- We are able to adapt to the supply chain disruption easily. (0.87)
- We are able to provide a quick response to the supply chain disruption. (0.75)
- We are able to maintain high situational awareness at all times. (0.60)
(1 = disagree strongly, 7 = agree strongly)
- Ambulkar/Blackhurst/Grawe (2015): Firm’s resilience to supply chain disruptions: Scale development and empirical examination. Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 33–34, pp. 111–122
A similar scale, organizational resilience, has been published by Bühler et al. (2016). It is recommended to combine items from Ambulkar et al. and Bühler et al. to improve scale validity and reliability.