Handbook of Management Scales/Cellular layout
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cellular layout[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
- We have laid out the shop floor so that processes and machines are in close proximity to each other.
- We have organized our plant floor by means of manufacturing cells.
- Our machines are grouped according to the product family to which they are dedicated.
- The layout of the shop floor facilitates low inventories and fast throughput.
- Our processes are located close together, so that material handling and part storage are minimized.