Handbook of Genetic Counseling/Hyper-extensibility
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- Review a few things about medical history
- Review a few things about family history
- Physical exam
- Make any testing recommendations
- Answer any questions
Review medical history
Review family history
- Issue of nothing being wrong…may have to deal with the possibility of something else being wrong than the original thought (glaucoma/nearsightedness/Stickler's)
- Mom not recognizing the hyper-extensibility of herself/children/family.
Other possible counseling issues
- Dominant inheritance (Stickler's syndrome, inheritance)
- Recessive inheritance
- Multifactorial inheritance
The information in this outline was last updated in 2000.