Handbook of Genetic Counseling/Bardet-Biedl Syndrome-1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- How have thing been going since we saw you last?
- Are there some major issues that you want to make sure are addressed today?
- We will gather medical information, any changes in the family, physical exam
- Any doctor visits?
- Ophthalmology visit?
- How's the eating schedule been going?
- Regular meal times?
- Modified meals?
- Scheduled snack times?
- Restricted to one helping at meals?
- Is involved in any school-type programs?
- EI preschool referral
- Behavior issues
- Developmental issues
- speech difficulties?
- Motor issues (walking, running)
- Know colors/body parts
- Potty trained
- Reiterate plan that was agreed upon in case (i.e. hospitalization in two weeks time? Vs. continue with strenuous weight loss plan)
- Reassess parents' state of mind and emotional level
- Make sure parents understand importance and necessity of 1) eye appointment & 2) weight loss
The information in this outline was last updated in 2000.