Handbook for Doctoral Students in Education/Proposal questions
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
These are some of the questions your committee will consider at the proposal defense:
- Between your comprehensive exams and now, how did the project matured and developed?
- Are members still confident in the candidate's professional choice of this study as the beginning of a research agenda?
- How confident are the members that the candidate is working with researchable questions?
- How confident are the members that the candidate is ready to collect the right kind of data to that will help her/him answer the questions?
- How can the members help the candidate move smoothly toward data collection and analysis?
- How does each member see her/his consulting role during this process?
- How would the members like to push the candidate to make revisions in these chapters between now and the dissertation defense, revisions that would increase the quality and professional significance of the study?