Guide to Clinical Examination/Quick Guide
This is just a quick guide to various history and examinations.
The pages are mostly quick bulleted points, designed to be used on their own when practising a particular exam station. Things that you might want to say to the examiner appear in quotation marks "like this".
They should keep everything in a logical order, and minimise the amount a patient has to move around.
History and assessment
- Quick examination of everything (useful for clerking in a patient)
- Cardiovascular examination
- Respiratory examination
- Combined cardiovascular and respiratory examination
- Gastrointestinal examination
- Abdominal examination
- Neurological examination
- Musculoskeletal examination
These tend to vary more from place to place. We have tried to stay general, without being to vague. Just use your common sense when using them.