Georgia Water/External Links/Assistance
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Technical or Planning Assistance[edit | edit source]
Community Planning[edit | edit source]
- Resource teams to aid communities in planning for quality growth, Georgia Department of Community Affairs with links to over 100 tools for community planning.
Environmental Management[edit | edit source]
- Economic Development Institute at Georgia Tech - "The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has named Georgia Tech’s Center for International Standards and Quality (CISQ) one of eight Local Resource Centers for Environmental Management Systems .... (to) help local agencies adopt environmental management systems to improve their overall environmental performance and meet environmental goals." See also: example application for Barrow County, Georgia.
National Park Service[edit | edit source]
- NPS Rivers, Trails and Conservation Assistance Program The Rivers & Trails Program "staff provide technical assistance to community groups and local, State, and federal government agencies so they can conserve rivers, preserve open space, and develop trails and greenways."
Financial Assistance[edit | edit source]
Georgia state programs[edit | edit source]
Methods for counties and cities to raise funds:
- Business Improvement District (BID)
- Community Improvement District (CID)
- Homestead Option Sales Tax
- Local Option Sales Tax (LOST)
- Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax
- Tax Allocation District
- (proposed) Senate Bill 414
US Department of Agriculture[edit | edit source]
USDA funding in Georgia, 1995-2004, by program.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers[edit | edit source]
- Section 22 - Planning Assistance to States