Geometry for Elementary School/Copying a triangle
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In this chapter, we will show how to copy a triangle to other triangle . The construction is an excellent example of the reduction technique – solving a problem by solution to a previously solved problem.
- Construct a triangle from the sides of : , , and get .
The triangles and are congruent.
- , , are sides of the triangle and therefore obey the triangle inequality.
- Therefore one can build a triangle whose sides equal these segments.
- The sides of the triangle and are equal.
- Due to The Side-Side-Side congruence theorem the triangles and congruence.