Hands-On Astronomy Exercises is intended to provide information about activity-based astronomy learning units.
These activities target upper high school and introductory college level astronomy students. The goal of these units is to allow students to engage in hands-on activities that will complement other lecture and "non-hands-on" teaching activities.
The following is the current list of activities:
1. Kepler's First Law: Draw an Ellipse
2. Scale of Solar System: Make a scaled drawing of the solar system
3. Telescopes: Make a simple telescope
4. Newton's Laws: Balloon Rocket
5. Spectroscopy: Study light fingerprints using diffraction gratings
6. Doppler Effect: Study Doppler Effect by throwing a sound device
7. Angular Displacement: Segments, fingers, fists, etc.
8. Angular Momentum