GNU Health/The Demo database
The Demo Database
GNU Health default installation comes with no data. It's interesting, for academic and training purposes to have some demo data that exemplifies concepts and improves the learning curve.
The demo database is an ongoing project and it will be adapting to the each new GNU Health version. The clinical history will also grow with time.
For consistency sake, it's important to have the main characters information constant (family members name, birth dates and place, health centers, family doctors ... ). The information and characters are fictitious and we should try to make it valid for different cultures.
The Zenon-Betz Family
The story goes around the Betz family, and the main character, "Ana Betz", a primary school teacher.
- Health Center : GNU Solidario Hospital in Las Palmas, Spain
- Family Doctor : Cameron Cordara. ID : 765870 . Speciality : Family Medicine . Insitution : GNU Solidario Hospital
- Family : Zenon-Betz family : John Zenon (SSN : 40556644 ), Ana Betz and their son, Matt (SSN : 97234436 ).
- Ana : The main character. Born October 4th, 1985 .
- Social Security Number : 55567890
- Sex : Female.
- Marital Status : Married
- Profession : School teacher.
- Education Level : University
- Domiciliary Unit
- Housing Conditions :Comfortable and good sanitary conditions
- Socio-Economic Status :Middle class
- Allergies : β-lactam hypersensitivity
- Diseases : Type 1 Diabetes diagnosed on November 10th 1993 .
- Medication : Insulin since November 10th 1993
- Genetic Information
- Family history
- Maternal Grandfather : Marfan's Syndrome ( Q87.4 )
- Father : Essential (primary) hypertension ( I10 )
- Disease Genes
- BRCA1:breast cancer 1, early onset
- Family history
- Obstetric Information : G1P1A0
- Newborn : Matt. DoB : March 15th 2010 . Epidural, vaginal birth.
- Addictions : No recreational drugs
- Sexuality : Heterosexual; Monogamous and practices safe sex.
- Safety : Motorcycle rider. Uses helmet
- Family information (Family functionality level, members, operational sectors... )
- Imaging ( X-rays, CTs, MRIs.. )
- Genetic info / risks
- Lab orders and results
- Clinical history of the family
The online Demo Database
We have a community server available in the Internet so you can connect and try the latest GNU Health .
First, you need to download and install the Tryton client application, according to your operating system
Then you have to set the correct tabs position: Setting the Tryton client Tabs position for GNU Health
Finally you can login using the following information:
User name: admin
Installing a local Demo Database
We use the proteus engine to install the demo database.
First we need to install proteus in your local environment
$ pip install --user proteus
Alternatively, and if you're using any Debian GNU/Linux system, you can also install proteus from a repository
$ apt-get install tryton-proteus
Now, look for the demo directory. You can run the script from anywhere, but make sure your tryton libraries are in the python search path. This is important, specially if you use the manual installation.
$ export PYTHONPATH="<PLACE_OF_YOUR_TRYTON_SERVER_DIRECTORY>"
So, for example, if you installed the GNU Health sever with the standard method, then your variable declaration for PYTHONPATH for Tryton 3.0.2 would be something like :
$ export PYTHONPATH="/home/gnuhealth/gnuhealth/tryton/server/trytond-3.0.2/"
Next, run the script :
$ python health_demo_server.py
This script will create a new database called gnuhealth_demo with the demo information. Be patient, it can take some time.
User name: admin