About Prescriptions[edit | edit source]
Prescriptons can be found in the Health → Prescriptions section of GNU Health. However, since in most cases you only need to see the prescriptions of a specific patient, the recommended way is to open a Patient record and to switch to Prescriptions using the Relate button.
Information Stored in Prescriptions[edit | edit source]
Each Prescriptions record stores some general information:
- Patient: Link to a patient (mandatory)
- Prescription ID
- Prescription Date
- Prescribed by: Link to a health professional
- Pharmacy: Link to a pharmacy (i.e. a Party record with the Pharmacy flag set)
- Pregnancy Warning
- Prescription Verified
The information about the medicaments can be found in the Presciption Lines section. Each Prescription Line consists of the following fields:
- Medicament: Link to a medicament
- Indication: Link to a Pathology Info record
- Allow Substitution
- Form: Link to a Drug Form record
- Administration Route: Link to another Drug Form record
- Start: Date and time
- End: Date and time
- Dose Unit: Select an existing dose unit or create a new one
- Admin Hours
- Unit: Choose from "Seconds", "Minutes", "Hours", "Days", "Weeks", or "When required"
- PRN: Short for pro re nata (= use it as needed)
- Treatment Duration
- Treatment Period: Choose from "Minutes", "Hours", "Days", "Weeks", "Months", "Years", or "Indefinite"
- Review: Date and time
- Refills #
Note: Only a fraction of these fields are visible in the list view, so make sure to open a Prescription Line in the form you to have access to all fields.
Prescription stock[edit | edit source]
Prescriptions can be tracked and inventoried by means of stock management.
To quickly create a new stock move, right-click the prescription > Actions > Create Prescription Stock Move. To view previous stock moves, right click the prescription > Relate > Stock Moves [readonly].
Note: Do not create new Stock Moves from the Relate view.