GIMP/Selection by Colour
Select by colour works really similar to the Fuzzy Selection tool. The main difference is that when magic wand makes selection with no real gaps, selection by colour takes all the pixels with similar colour, regardless to where they are located.
- Modes - determines the way of creating the selection, whether it'll be combined with existing one and such
- Antialiasing - causes the boundary of the selection to be drawn smoother
- Feather edge - causes the boundary of the selection to be blurred
- Select transparent areas - gives the ability to select areas completely transparent
- Sample merged - creates a selection from actual image, instead from the active layer
- Threshold - determines the range of colours
- Select by - select, which component shall be used for calculating the similarity
Modes, Antialiasing and Feather Edges
- See Selection Tools#Modes for information about Modes
- See Selection Tools#Antialiasing for information Antialiasing
- See Selection Tools#Feather Edges for information about Feather Edges option
All other options
See Fuzzy Selection for information about the tool as everything works completely (or almost completely) the same.