Fundamentals of Transportation/Route Choice/Additional Problems
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- How does average cost differ from marginal cost?
- How do System Optimal and User Equilibrium travel time differ?
- Why do we want people to behave in an SO way?
- How can you get people to behave in an SO way?
- Who was John Glen Wardrop?
- What are Wardrop’s Two Principles?
- What does conservation of flow require in route assignment?
- Can Variable Message Signs be used to encourage System Optimal behavior?
- What is freeflow travel time?
- If a problem has more than two routes, where does the extra equation come from?
- How can you determine if a route is unused?
- What is the difference between capacity and flow
- Draw a typical volume-delay function for a deterministic, static user equilibrium assignment.
- Can Q be negative?
- What is route assignment?
- Is it important that the output travel times from route choice be consistent with the input travel times for destination choice and mode choice? Why?