Fundamentals of Transportation/Mode Choice/Additional Problems
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- What factors determine mode choice, utility
- What role does socio-economics play in mode choice?
- What is an aggregate model, disaggregate model?
- How is probability () calculated?
- What happens to probability when utility increases or decreases?
- Why is it hard for transportation engineers to determine how many people will be taking one mode?
- Who developed the logit model for transportation mode choice?
- What is “kiss and ride”
- What happens when a new mode is introduced?
- Explain the red bus/blue bus paradox, and Independence of Irrelevant Alternatives feature of multinomial logit models.
- Compare the logit model with the gravity model.
- What is an alternative specific constant?