Fundamentals of Transportation/Destination Choice/Additional Problems
- What are the different kinds of models for trip distribution? How do they differ?
- What factors do conventional Trip Distribution models neglect?
- In a day, how many minutes are spent traveling for the average person, traveling to work? Why might this be stable, not stable?
- Do travelers have a travel time tolerance or a travel time budget?
- What affects travel impedance?
- If impedance increases, will willingness to travel increase or decrease? Is a person more likely to travel to a closer place or a farther place?
- Why does willingness to travel have a negative exponential form?
- Briefly describe the gravity model? How might the gravity model be extended to depend on more than just size (opportunities) and distance (impedance)?
- Why is balancing a matrix an iterative procedure?
- What importance does impedance play in balancing iterations
- Give two functions of impedance (f(Cij)) used in gravity models.
- How do you calculate impedance between zones?
- What is congested travel time?
- Conventional trip distribution models are estimated for which mode?
- How is trip distribution applied?
- What can a trip distribution curve tell you about maximum and average trip times and willingness to take trips?
- What factors are multiplied to give a resulting trip distribution curve