Fujitsu Siemens Loox 720
- VGA screen (480x640) 3.6 inches
- 128MB RAM / 64MB Flash ROM
- 520 MHz Intel XScale processor
- WiFi 802.11b
- Bluetooth 1.2
- Compact Flash (CF) and Secure Digital(SDIO compatible) slots
- 1.3 MegaPixel camera with LED flash
- USB Host which worked with a number of USB peripherals
- Jog Dial
- Audio in via the headphone socket
- Audio out via the sync and charge connector
- VoIP (Voice over IP) speaker
- Consumer Infra-Red IR transmitter
- Dimensions (mm) 122 x 72 x 15.2
Related Models[edit | edit source]
The Pocket Loox 720 was released alongside the mid-range Pocket Loox 710, which contains most of the advanced features of the 720 but with slightly lower specifications.
In January 2005 the Pocket Loox 718, the 3rd member of the 7xx series, was released. Apart from the lack of a built-in camera, it is identical to the Pocket Loox 720.
Community[edit | edit source]
An active community grew around this device, mainly in the forums of FirstLoox.org where multiple further discoveries and enhancements of the device's capabilities took place e.g. discovery of Audio out via the cradle, Audio in via the headphone socket, and independent activation of the VoIP speaker.
Getting the most from your Loox[edit | edit source]
In most cases getting the best from your device will require installed additional software, which is usually downloadable from the Internet. To install this software you will usually need to double-click on the downloaded file on your desktop computer while your handheld device is in the cradle. If your downloaded file however ends in .cab you will need to copy this file to your handheld device (most simply by placing it in your "Synchronised Files" folder) and click on it on your PocketPC using Explorer.
- Main uses:
- How to exploit unique Loox features
[edit | edit source]
- Fujitsu-Siemens.com: Website for Fujitsu Siemens Loox 720
- Firstloox.org: Resource and forums.
- PocketPC.com: Official Pocket PC website.
- PDA Hotspots - List of websites that adjust to the small PDA screen
- Handhelds.org: Open source OS's for the Pocket PC.
- PocketPCPassion.com: Resource and forums.
- PocketPCThoughts.com: Resource and forums.
- BrightHand.com: Resource and forums.
- PDABuyersGuide.com: Many useful reviews and benchmark comparisons on iPAQ's as well as other Pocket PC units.