French For Football/Notes/Miscellaneous
Authors' Notes: Miscellaneous Suggestions
Use of Numbers
- Numbers 1 to 20 can be directly linked with positions in league tables which contain 20 teams.
- The number of goals scored home and away, goal difference and points use smaller numbers.
- There is also shirt numbers and their association with particular players.
- Number of appearances, goals scored per player use numbers 20 to 100+.
- Stadium capacity & match attendance figures use numbers in the thousands & tens of thousands.
Use of Time
- Clock time is important in relation to the start times of matches and TV / Radio broadcasts.
- Transport timetables need time.
- The playing time remaining in a match, and the identification of different periods like the first and second halves & extra time use time expressions.
- Fixture timetables relate to calendar dates, day & month names, intervals between games and rest periods.
- Time intervals relate to injuries and contract durations.
- Years relate to the dates of competitions and famous matches.
- Ticket Prices
- Value of player contracts
Old / Superseded Notes