Fractals/Computer graphic techniques/2D
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Color and Color gradient
- 2D plane.
- Quality of the image
- graphic pipeline
- 2D graphic algorithms
Software[edit | edit source]
All tasks (image processing) can be done using:
- own programs (GUI or console)
- own programs and graphic libraries
- graphic programs like GIMP
- fractal programs like:
One can use free graphic libraries:
Targets in graphics processing[edit | edit source]
Here are 3 targets / tasks:
- graphic file (saving/ loading image)
- memory array (processing image)
- screen pixels (displaying image)
Memory array[edit | edit source]
Image in memory is a matrix:
- A 24-bit color image is an (Width x Height x 3) matrix.
- Gray-level and black-and-white images are of size (Width x Height).
The color depth of the image:
- 8-bit for gray
- 24 or 32-bit for color,
- 1-bit for black and white.
Screen pixels[edit | edit source]
glxinfo | grep OpenGL
glxinfo | grep "direct rendering"
DRI[edit | edit source]
Direct Rendering Infrastructure (DRI2)