Foundations of Education and Instructional Assessment/Grading
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- Should we even give grades? What kind?
- What should a teacher do about zeroes and missing work?
- Should teachers allow extra credit?
- Should students be graded on effort?
- What is the process for providing effective feedback?
- Should praise be given to students or not?
- Can teachers grade students of varying abilities fairly?
- Should students have differentiated assessments based on their needs and abilities?
- Are report cards the best way to measure progress?
- How are portfolios an alternative way to measure progress?