Foundations and Assessment of Education/Edition 1/How to Use This Book/Writing a Reader Response
Writing a Reader Response[edit| edit source]
Readers of this textbook are invited to leave a response on the discussion page of any article or any user's home page.
- Reader Responses to articles are intended to create a dialog about the content of this text.
- Reader Responses to user pages are intended to promote a sense of community among the authors and readers.
A Reader Response is a reaction to the content posted on a page. It can ask a question, offer an opinion, convey a personal experience, question the content or source of the information or provide any other substantive comment on the information provided in the original posting.
Directions for leaving a Reader Response[edit| edit source]
- After reading an article, click on the "discussion" tab at the top of the screen.
- Click "Edit this page"
- If it does not already appear on the page, type the words "Reader Responses" and make it a Level 2 Headline by highlighting the text and clicking the 5th editing button from the left (the one with the large "A" on it)
- Type in your Reader Response
- Sign your response with four tilde ~~~~
- Don't forget to click SAVE PAGE
- Be sure you are logged in to Wikibooks.