Foundations and Assessment of Education/Edition 1/How to Use This Book/Signing Up for an Article
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Directions for signing up for a Wikibook topic
- 1. Open a second browser window or tab so that you can follow these direction with our book at your finger tips. Open our book: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Foundations_and_Assessment_of_Education
- 2. Make sure you are logged in. You will know because your username will be located at the top right corner of your browser page.
- 3. Click on “Foundations”.
- 4. Browse the chapters and look at the author and editor duties available.
- 5. When you find a author or editor duty which interests you, check to see if another student has signed up for the topic. Their username should appear directly to the right of the title of the author or editor duty.
- 6. If your author or editor duty is not open, keep browsing for another author or editor duty.
- 7. If your author or editor duty is open, write down the title of your author or editor duty (for example, In the News or Chapter Review). Then click on the “Edit this page” tab at the top of the page. DO NOT CLICK ON THE AUTHOR OR EDITOR DUTY LINK. If you click on the author or editor duty link you will sign up in the wrong place and your sign up will not count!
- 8. When you click “Edit this page” a text box will appear. SCROLL down to find the number for your topic. At the end of the code for the author or editor duty title you want, simply type four spaces and then four tildes ~ ~ ~ ~ (don't put spaces between the tildes like I had to do to keep my user name from showing up here instead of the four tilde). This tilde key is at the top left of your keyboard under the escape key. Press shift and this key to make the tildes. If you are logged in, typing four tildes will make your username appear once you’ve saved the page. If you are not logged in your IEP address (numbers) will appear. The numbers will not count as a correct sign-up.