FCC Technician Class Exam Study Guide - 2014-2018/Subelement T1 Group F
"Station identification; repeaters; third party communications; club stations; FCC inspection"
The Question Pool[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
- What type of identification is being used when identifying a station on the air as Race Headquarters?
- A. Tactical call sign
- B. An official call sign reserved for RACES drills
- C. SSID
- D. Broadcast station
The correct answer is A.
Question 2[edit | edit source]
- When using tactical identifiers such as “Race Headquarters” during a community service net operation, how often must your station transmit the station’s FCC- assigned call sign?
- A. Never, the tactical call is sufficient
- B. Once during every hour
- C. At the end of each communication and every ten minutes during a communication
- D. At the end of every transmission
Reference to 97.119(a). The correct answer is C.
Question 3[edit | edit source]
- When is an amateur station required to transmit its assigned call sign?
- A. At the beginning of each contact, and every 10 minutes thereafter
- B. At least once during each transmission
- C. At least every 15 minutes during and at the end of a communication
- D. At least every 10 minutes during and at the end of a communication
Reference to 97.119(a). The correct answer is D.
Question 4[edit | edit source]
- Which of the following is an acceptable language to use for station identification when operating in a phone sub-band?
- A. Any language recognized by the United Nations
- B. Any language recognized by the ITU
- C. The English language
- D. English, French, or Spanish
Reference to 97.119(b)(2). The correct answer is C.
Question 5[edit | edit source]
- What method of call sign identification is required for a station transmitting phone signals?
- A. Send the call sign followed by the indicator RPT
- B. Send the call sign using CW or phone emission
- C. Send the call sign followed by the indicator R
- D. Send the call sign using only phone emission
Reference to 97.119(b)(2). The correct answer is B.
Question 6[edit | edit source]
- Which of the following formats of a self-assigned indicator is acceptable when identifying using a phone transmission?
- A. KL7CC stroke W3
- B. KL7CC slant W3
- C. KL7CC slash W3
- D. All of these choices are correct
Reference to 97.119(c). The correct answer is D.
Question 7[edit | edit source]
- Which of the following restrictions apply when a non-licensed person is allowed to speak to a foreign station using a station under the control of a Technician Class control operator?
- A. The person must be a U.S. citizen
- B. The foreign station must be one with which the U.S. has a third party agreement
- C. The licensed control operator must do the station identification
- D. All of these choices are correct
Reference to 97.115(a)(2). The correct answer is B.
Question 8[edit | edit source]
- Which indicator is required by the FCC to be transmitted after a station call sign?
- A. /M when operating mobile
- B. /R when operating a repeater
- C. / followed the FCC Region number when operating out of the region in which the license was issued
- D. /KT, /AE or /AG when using new license privileges earned by CSCE while waiting for an upgrade to a previously issued license to appear in the FCC license database
Reference to 97.119(f). The correct answer is D.
Question 9[edit | edit source]
- What type of amateur station simultaneously retransmits the signal of another amateur station on a different channel or channels?
- A. Beacon station
- B. Earth station
- C. Repeater station
- D. Message forwarding station
Reference to 97.3(a)(40). The correct answer is C.
Question 10[edit | edit source]
- Who is accountable should a repeater inadvertently retransmit communications that violate the FCC rules?
- A. The control operator of the originating station
- B. The control operator of the repeater
- C. The owner of the repeater
- D. Both the originating station and the repeater owner
Reference to 97.205(g). The correct answer is A.
Question 11[edit | edit source]
- To which foreign stations do the FCC rules authorize the transmission of non- emergency third party communications?
- A. Any station whose government permits such communications
- B. Those in ITU Region 2 only
- C. Those in ITU Regions 2 and 3 only
- D. Those in ITU Region 3 only
Reference to 97.115(a). The correct answer is A.
Question 12[edit | edit source]
- How many persons are required to be members of a club for a club station license to be issued by the FCC?
- A. At least 5
- B. At least 4
- C. A trustee and 2 officers
- D. At least 2
Reference to 97.5(b)(2). The correct answer is B.
Question 13[edit | edit source]
- When must the station licensee make the station and its records available for FCC inspection?
- A. At any time ten days after notification by the FCC of such an inspection
- B. At any time upon request by an FCC representative
- C. Only after failing to comply with an FCC notice of violation
- D. Only when presented with a valid warrant by an FCC official or government agent
Reference to 97.103(c). The correct answer is B.