Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem/Story
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Plot[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
These are the playable characters of Eternal Darkness. They are listed here chronologically, and not necessarily the order in which they are played during the game.
- Pious Augustus (26 BC) - A Roman Centurion in his late 20s, at war in the Middle East. Becomes the game's chief antagonist.
- Karim (565 AD) - A Persian swordsman, sent into the desert to find a treasure (one of the Ancients' essences) for his love, Chandra.
- Anthony (814 AD) - A French messenger for Charlemagne the Frank.
- Ellia (1150 AD) - A Cambodian slave girl and court dancer for Suryavarman II. She yearns for adventure.
- Roberto Bianchi (1460 AD) - A traveling Venetian artist and architect, taken as a prisoner of war while roaming abroad. He is forced to work for a warlord, helping with the construction of the Pillar of Flesh.
- Paul Luther (1485 AD) - A Franciscan monk on a pilgrimage to see the ancient relic the Hand of Jude, detained by the Inquisition.
- Maximillian Roivas (1760 AD) - A rich doctor in colonial Rhode Island, ancestor of both Edward and Alex. Something is amiss in the mansion he recently inherited from his father, Aaron.
- Peter Jacob (1916 AD) - A field reporter during World War I, staying at Oublie Cathedral, now a field hospital.
- Edward Roivas (1952 AD) - A clinical psychologist, Alex's grandfather, led to the Tome by Max's ghost. His servants are attacked by a dreadful presence.
- Edwin Lindsey (1983 AD) - An archaeologist exploring in Cambodia under the auspices of a mysterious benefactor.
- Michael Edwards (1991 AD) - A Canadian firefighter sent to extinguish the oil fires in the Middle East after the Gulf War.
- Alexandra Roivas (2000 AD) - A student at a university in Washington. The game's main protagonist, she is investigating her grandfather's gruesome death.