English as an Additional Language/Copular verb to be: past tense
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Conjugating copular verb to be is very easy.
Past Tense of Copular Verb to Be
Copular verb to be is conjugated in this manner:
- 1st person singular: I was.
- 2nd person singular: You were.
- 3rd person singular: He/She/It was.
- 1st person plural: We were.
- 2nd person plural: You were.
- 3rd person plural: They were.
As you can see, 1st and 3rd person singular take was. All other cases take were.