English as an Additional Language/Copular verb to be: past tense
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Conjugating copular verb to be is very easy.
Past Tense of Copular Verb to Be[edit | edit source]
Copular verb to be is conjugated in this manner:
- 1st person singular: I was.
- 2nd person singular: You were.
- 3rd person singular: He/She/It was.
- 1st person plural: We were.
- 2nd person plural: You were.
- 3rd person plural: They were.
As you can see, 1st and 3rd person singular take was. All other cases take were.