English Grammar Worksheet/Verb to be
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Fill in the blanks.
- You ___are_ very naughty.
- I __am__ studying English.
- We __are__ trying to finish a worksheet.
- My dog __is__ very playful.
- He ___was_ sad when he heard the news.
- ___is_ he going to England next summer?
- Do you think you _are___ suitable for this programme?
- I want to _be___ a lawyer because I _am___ interested in law.
- are___ you crazy?
- He ___was_ sleeping when the dog was killed.
Correct the following mistakes.
- You are my child.
- My best friend is called Amy.
- Where will you be this afternoon?
- They are reading their books quietly.
- Britain was trying to protect Poland.
- Mrs. Smith was very angry.
- Why is your behaviour so bad?
- The police are always obedient.