ETD Guide/Universities/Student Comments
In addition to gathering availability and usage data, online surveys can be used to gather information from readers to voluntarily agree to be surveyed by answering questionnaires. Some of the useful information that can be gathered includes. Sample questions for ETD readers might include:
- Where do you work/study?
- What do you do?
- What type of computer are you using?
- What is the speed/type of connection are you using?
- Are you familiar with Adobe PDF?
- Are you familiar with online databases?
- If you are from a university, does your institution accept electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)?
- If your institution does not accept ETDs, do you think it should?
- Have you ever submitted an ETD? (to find out if your readers are ETD authors past, present or future)
- For what purpose are you using this digital library?
- Did you download any ETDs?
- If you downloaded any ETDs, how did you find them?
- If you downloaded any ETDs, how easy was it to find what you were looking for?
- If you searched for an ETD, how fast was the response to your search request?
- How often do you plan to use Virginia Tech's ETD library?
- How often do you plan to use other ETD libraries?
- Comments from survey respondents
Next Section: Resources List