ERP5's wiki lives on http://www.erp5.org/
- handbook shall be readable from chapter to chapter
- do not go into details to fast, refer to wiki
- be more descriptive than technical - technical information shall be on wiki/in code
- better explain something few times with examples, short and technical explanation style shall be in wiki - handbook shall prepare reader to wiki-like documentation
- you are kindly asked to add yourself to authors page.
What to put in handbook and what on wiki
- descriptive information and introductory content about ERP5
- complete tutorial-like documents
- group links to ERP5 wiki with descriptions - readers shall be lead
- might be less precise, little inadequate - concentrate on what reader shall understand and not on details - this is wiki work
- everything what is ERP5's wiki like - look how wiki looks right now
- various HowTos, Technical Notes, etc.
Handbook and wiki synchronisation
There is possibility that some information will start to duplicate on wiki and handbook. Then some decision shall be made - if it is on wiki, and is not so technical, propose to move it into handbook. If it is on handbook and it is to technical - create/reference to proper wiki page.
Decision shall be made by humans.
Put here list of extensions, which you'd like to see in book. Sign yourself with 4 tildes.
- automatic documentation reference generator, at least parts which are fetch able from source-code
- maybe use of DocBook system or its derivative instead of wikibooks?
- automatic TOC generation