Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lesson 7.2: Gaining Access
By the end of this lesson, the EMT-Basic should be able to:
- Describe the purpose of extrication.
- Discuss the role of the EMT-Basic in extrication.
- Identify what equipment for personal safety is required for the EMT-Basic.
- Define the fundamental components of extrication.
- State the steps that should be taken to protect the patient during extrication.
- Evaluate various methods of gaining access to the patient.
- Distinguish between simple and complex access.