Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lesson 4.1: General Pharmacology
Objectives[edit | edit source]
By the end of this lesson the EMT-Basic should be able to:
- Identify which medications will be carried on the unit.
- State the medications carried on the unit by generic name.
- Identify the medications with which the EMT-Basic may assist the patient with administering.
- State the medications the EMT-Basic can assist the patient with by generic name.
- Discuss the forms in which the medications may be found.
- Explain the rationale for the administration of medications.
- Demonstrate the general steps for assisting the patient with self-administration of medications.
- Read the labels and inspect each type of medication.