Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lesson 3.3: Focused History and Physical Exam: Trauma
By the end of this lesson, the EMT-Basic should be able to:
- Discuss the reasons for reconsideration concerning the mechanism of injury.
- State the reasons for performing a rapid trauma assessment.
- Recite examples and explain why patients should receive a rapid trauma assessment.
- Describe the areas included in the rapid trauma assessment and discuss what should be evaluated.
- Differentiate when the rapid assessment may be altered in order to provide patient care.
- Discuss the reason for performing a focused history and physical exam.
- Recognize and respect the feelings that patients might experience during assessment.
- Demonstrate the rapid trauma assessment that should be used to assess a patient based on their mechanism of injury.