|Alignment||Always neutral with evil tendencies|
|Source books||Monster Manual II|
In the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game, the ascomoid is a type of giant fungus monster.
An ascomoid is a huge puffball-like fungus with a thick, leathery skin. It moves by rolling, and rolls into or over opponents, and its pocked surface can emit jets of spores which cause a deadly infection.
The ascomoid appeared in the following publications
- Dragon #68 (December 1982).
- The first edition Monster Manual II (1983).
- The second edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons under the "fungus" entry in the Monstrous Compendium Volume Two (1989).
- The Monstrous Manual (1993).
- The third edition in Dungeonscape (2007).
- The Tome of Horrors (2002) from Necromancer Games.