Development Cooperation Handbook/Stories/Be that change
Be (Maya) that change
This scene fallows the story of a woman working towards achieving the MDG’s, focusing on women empowerment. We will follow her life story and how she came to work in an NGO. This story is interlinked with an other story in which we will talk about a women trained by Maya, Sira. This will help us analyse how much the work done by NGO’s really benefits the target population.
We will look at the story fo a women and the conflict within her. On one side her strong cultural identity and on the other the openness to new values. The intent is to understand what is the conaction between the two. In the later part of the story we will show how even common people can contribute to the achievement of the MDG's. Though Maya we will also look at the role of NGO's as divelopment actors and their limitations.
What is the "drama"
The drama in this scene is between upholding vs. braking family values.
What is that creates suspense?
The suspense of the story is created by the question: "when will the Lebanese women be able to get the right to custody of their children?"
What is the "atmosphere"?
We are in Beirut, in the middle of morenisation. But this modernisation hides some very conservatives values. The athmosfear is colorful, we see a women with corrage, who radiats hope to others. We will see faces of many wimen of Lebanon in this scene, specialy focosing on the contrasts of this contry.
What alternative views, facts or ideas does the audience need to understand?
Through this scene I want the audience to understand the social problematics and the situation of wimen in Lebanon. How they seem to live in the modern world but are cadged by society and how the goverment itself incorages this conservitism.
What evidence will you show to get the audience to see those different truths?
To see these truths I will take the audience inside the story of Maya and understan what happend to her and how she reacted to it.
What facts must the audience gather by watching it ?
The audience must undersand that Lebanon even if it seems very modern it has a long way to go in acheaving gender equality and women empowerment.
Ultimately through this scene, I want the audience to feel
The audiece should feal that there is hope and that woman in Lebanon are strng and know how to fight. Taking the egsample of Maya other wimen watching this story should feal courageous of standing up and fighting.
and to understand that
The NGO's in Lebanon are working well in the acheavent of the MDG's and they diserve to be sustained. The audience should understand that its important that we all help each other around the world if we want to help our selfs.
|You can use this template|
1. Maya: Mother and social worker, in the documentory she is the main caracter. A women who fought her war and now fights others war. The interview to her is in the form of a narration. She tells us her story. From the time she was married to her ex husband till the time she won her case. I would like her impotions and her chalenges and her fealings to really coem out in her words.
2. Sira: the woman been trained by Maya. Int he documentory her role is to show how Maya and the NGO was able to produce a strong and trained women who would fight her wars like maya did. In the interview to her I would like her to explain us how the change in the life happened with the trianing. And what has Maya become in her life.
Chose from the list of
1. Maya: tell us your story maya.
2. Sira: who is Maya for you?
DO NOT EXPAND !
- Visual Tour of the area? (no / yes - how detailed?)
Yes. We will see the field aria where Maya works. We will see the office of Beirut and we will see mayas home.
- Other Camera Operations:?
1. Maya in the relief office, behind her desk and talking to her team mats (I am Maya, I am working here, I am Lebanese, I like this job, and I came till here through a story)
2. Flash back
3. 5 minutes of her diary (narration of Maya and her story) here we show images of women in general (the anthropology of Lebanese women)
4. Interview to Maya about her job and interview of women been trained by her (interview of Sira)
5. Images of Maya and her personal life
This is compulsory!: make one on a Googledoc and link it here !
|to be updated after the shootings are done; then before editing; then constantly after editing is being done.|
When will shooting start? When will it finish?
When will you put the draft version on Youtube?
When will you complete the editing after the indications of Stefano and Other collegues?
Note: Put these dates on Eugad calendar and invite task stakeholders
Before: What shots do you have in mind?
After: What shots have you taken
Then save it with a different name in GoogleDocs and link it here : ..............
Where is the shooting? Any special requirements?
Acquisition of old footage?