- The scientific study of human beings as social organisms.
- Applied anthropology
- The practice of applying anthropological theory and or methods to solve human problems.
- The study and interpretation of the human past through examination of the material artifacts and remains left behind.
- Biological Anthropology (also Physical Anthropology)
- The study of human biology using principles of genetics, osteology, comparative primatology, evolution and adaptation.
Diaspora: A group of people who have relocated from their place of origination to varied foreign lands.