Croatian/Main Contents/Level 2/Lesson 5
Gdje*-where Kamo -where to Kuda-which way
Examples : Gdje si ?- Where are you ?
U Orebiću sam. -I am in Orebić.
Kod kuće sam. - I am home.
U kafiću sam. - I am in the bar.
Kamo ideš? -Where are you going to?
- Idem kući.- I go home.
- Idem u Zagreb.-I go to Zagreb.
- Idem na obalu.-I go on the coast.
Kuda ideš?- In which you go? Possible answers:
Idem preko šume.-I go over the forest. I go via highway. Idem preko autoceste.
Developed form these pronouns:
- svugdje, svagdje-everywhere
- igdje , bilo gdje-anywhere
- nekamo-to somewhere, to some place
- nikamo—to nowhere
- ikamo ,bilo kamo- to anywhere
- nekuda-in some direction
- nikuda-in no direction
- bilo kuda, ikuda- in any direction
Note:In spoken language gdje (and its derivatives ) is very rarely used. Instead of them are used dialectical forms. di-most widespread