From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
(Redirected from Cookbook:Venetian soup)
- 0.5 + 1.5 cups (125ml + 375ml) Clear soup
- 2 oz (55g) butter
- 2 oz (55g) flour
- 1 oz (28g) Parmesan cheese
- 4 egg yolks
- Make a roux by frying two ounces of butter and two ounces (55g) of flour, add an ounce (28g) of grated cheese and half a cup of good stock.
- Mix up well so as to form a paste, and then take it off the fire and add the yolks of four eggs, mix again and form the paste into little quenelles.
- Boil these in a little soup, strain off, put them into the tureen and pour a good clear soup over them.
This page incorporates text from the public domain cookbook The Cook's Decameron: A Study In Taste, Containing Over Two Hundred Recipes For Italian Dishes.