(Redirected from Cookbook:Vegetarian Meatballs)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Category||North American recipes|
|Servings||30-40 tiny meatballs|
|Time||prep: 20 minutes|
baking: 31 minutes
This recipe for Vegetarian Meatballs is delicious and easy to prepare. The meatballs don't come out spherical, though; they are more of squished hemispheres, flat on one side. The recipe costs US$5-7 to prepare.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 large onion
- 1 package (340 g) Yves Veggie Ground Round. (A similar cooked ground meat analogue should also work.)
- 3 Tbsp hickory smoked barbecue sauce (recommended) OR barbecue sauce OR tomato sauce OR ketchup
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1/8 Tsp dried paprika
- Optional: low-sodium soy sauce to taste, if desired
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté onion; pour off oil; put aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add Ground Round and break up well with fork.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Line a large 12" x 18" (31 x 45 cm) tray with parchment paper.
- Drop mixture onto the paper in tablespoonfuls. You should get 30-40 meatballs. Don't worry if the mixture falls apart a little on tray.
- Bake at 350°F for 22 minutes.
- Flip meatballs over.
- Bake for an additional 9 minutes.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Total baking time is 31 minutes.
- The barbecue sauce and/or soy sauce add an umami taste to the meatballs, which makes them taste more like real meat.
- Questions? Comments? If so, click the "discuss" tab at the top of this page.