Cookbook:Homemade Corn Tortillas
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Tortilla (Corn))
|Homemade Corn Tortillas|
Tortillas are a type of flatbread popular in Mexico and Central America, commonly made from wheat flour or masa. This recipe is for the masa (corn) variety; see Flour Tortilla for the wheat flour version.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a large bowl, stir together the masa and salt.
- Add the water, and mix together well to form a dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into ¼ cup (3 oz / 90 g) portions, and form them into balls.
- Roll each ball into a flat round about 6 inches (10 cm) in diameter and ⅛ inches (0.25 cm) thick.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Place the tortillas one at a time into the dry hot skillet; cook until brown on one side, then turn and brown the other side.
- Remove from the skillet and keep warm in cloth towel.