Cookbook:Tofu Bacon (Vegan)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Tofu Bacon (Vegan)|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Vegan cuisine
Tofu bacon is easy to make and can be used interchangeably with bacon in most recipes. Great with breakfast or in a B.L.T.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 block extra-firm tofu
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Liquid smoke (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Slice the tofu into thin strips like traditional bacon.
- Fry strips in a pan on medium heat, turning once, until crispy and golden brown on each side.
- Add soy sauce and one to two drops of liquid smoke, and toss with the tofu bacon slices.
- Coat with nutritional yeast, and remove from heat.