Cookbook:Tangy Fried Shrimp
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 3 pounds peeled deveined jumbo shrimp
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 3 quarts frying oil
- 3 Tbs salt
- 3 Tbs freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs cayenne pepper
- Dredge shrimp into flour, then dip in lemon, then dredge in flour again. Set aside.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F. Fry shrimp, 6 at a time, 2 minutes or until deeply browned and cooked through. Drain on a wire rack and repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Once all shrimp has been fried, sprinkle with seasonings and serve.