Succotash - A recipe with a great name.
- 2 quarts shelled lima beans
- 24 ears of corn cut off the cob
- 1 pound of pickled pork (typically omitted)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (can be omitted)
- 2 tablespoons butter (can be omitted or olive oil substituted)
If using pork, cover pork with water, and parboil it; add beans; then add corn, sugar, butter, and pepper to taste. After corn is added, watch carefully to keep from scorching. Serve.
Notes, tips, and variations
A red bell pepper (chopped) can be added.