Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 large courgettes (zucchini)
- 1 large onion
- Olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 2 large tomatoes
- 4 oz cooked brown rice
- Cheddar cheese
Preparation[edit | edit source]
- Slice courgettes in half lengthways, and scoop or cut out middles; reserve middles.
- Chop onion and garlic, and sauté for a few minutes in olive oil.
- Chop pepper, tomatoes, and herbs. Add to pan together with courgette middles.
- Add rice, mustard, and seasoning to taste. Cook for 5 minutes and drain off any extra liquid.
- Stuff the 4 courgette halves with the cooked mixture, and sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake in medium-hot oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with green salad.