Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1 egg yolk, large
- 1 teaspoon almond, vanilla, or lemon extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour, unbleached, unsifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Beat butter and sugar until light.
- Beat in egg, egg yolk and extract.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder; gradually add flour mixture to eggs.
- Chill dough 1/2 hour.
- Press 1/4 of the dough into a cookie press.
- Keep remaining dough chilled.
- Shape cookies onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in oven at for 7 to 10 minutes or until done.
- Cool on wire racks and store in airtight tins.
Makes 4 to 6 dozen cookies.