Cookbook:Spicy Australian Placenta
This recipe makes enough for two people.
- 250 grams of fresh human placenta, chopped into fine strips (about half of the placenta from a 6.6 pound baby, or 1/3 from a 9.9 pound baby)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Rice noodles
- red chile
- Cook onion in olive oil until it is transparent.
- Add chopped garlic.
- Toss in placenta.
- Cook quickly.
- Add a dash of fresh rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- Add a pinch of salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Place on a bed of rice noodles and garnish with thin slices of red capsicum and shallots.
As with any meat from uncontrolled sources (such as hunting or scavenging) people should be cautious of risks involved. Certain blood borne diseases can live in blood and tissue outside the body for some time. Be sure that sensible precautions have been taken.