Cookbook:Sockerdricka (Swedish Ginger Drink)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Sockerdricka)
|Sockerdricka (Swedish Ginger Drink)|
Sockerdricka (Swedish for "sugar drink") is a soft drink from the 19th century. It is traditionally a fermented drink that contains ginger, but modern commercial versions consist of carbonated water, some sugar, and citric acid.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Boil the sugar, water, lemon and crushed ginger for 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and let it cool.
- Mix in the yeast and let the mixture ferment for 2 days.
- Put the drink in bottles, and add a raisin to each bottle.
- Cork the bottles, and let rest for 5 days. After 5 days the sockerdricka is ready for drinking.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- The recipe above has lots of yeast, and not much ginger. It would work well with just 10 g yeast. More ginger would be good (e.g. 100 g of fresh ginger for 20 litres).