Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Snickerdoodles (Alternate 2))
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
One recipe for the production of snickerdoodle cookies is as follows.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 344 g (2 ¾ cups or 24 oz) all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 200 g (1 cups or 6 oz) white sugar
- 100 g (½ cup or 4 oz) soft shortening
- 110 g (½ cup or 4 oz) butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 205°C (400°F or Gas Mark 6).
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, sugar, shortening, and butter.
- Roll into 1 tbsp balls.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll balls in sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and light brown.
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon while hot.
Notes, tips, variations[edit | edit source]
- Other recipes add honey to the dough, which helps to keep the cookies from becoming too crisp.