Cookbook:Snezhanka (Bulgarian Cucumber and Yogurt Salad)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Snezhanka)
|Snezhanka (Bulgarian Cucumber and Yogurt Salad)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 liter of plain yogurt (two regular containers in Bulgaria)
- ½ kg pickles or cucumbers or mixed
- 1–2 tbsp of oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp seasoned salt (like "Vegeta") or salt (use no salt if you are using salty pickles)
- 2–3 tbsp chopped dill
- 2–3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2–3 spoonfuls ground walnuts
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Strain the yogurt, and cut the pickles/cucumbers into tiny cubes.
- Mix all the ingredients except for the walnuts.
- Sprinkle the walnuts on top of the salad. Enjoy!
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- If you use thick American yogurt, use about ½ liter and skip the straining.