Cookbook:Sirene po Shopski (Bulgarian Cheese and Tomatoes)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Cuisine of Bulgaria
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 400 g white cheese
- 150 g yellow cheese
- 2 hot peppers
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 2 roasted bell peppers, chopped
- oregano, parsley or any other dry green spice
- 2 eggs
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Take two small earthware pots with lids ("gyuveche" pots), add a layer of cheese, then a layer of peppers and tomatoes, then more cheese. Season with spices as you layer.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Break an egg on top of each dish, and cook until the egg is the consistency you like.
- Serve with salad and beer. Enjoy!