Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Time||prep: 10 minutes|
cooking: ~30 minutes
Tradiational biryani recipes often use many ingredients, some of which may be hard to find. This simple biryani recipe uses only a few ingredients, and can be made in just one pan, making a quick and easy meal.
- 300g basmati rice, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
- 600g chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, large, chopped
- 30g butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 tbsp curry paste
- 100g raisins
- 850ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp coriander
- Wash the rice with cold water until it runs clear.
- Cook the onions with the cardamom pods, bay leaves and cinnamon in the butter for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken, turmeric and curry paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and raisins and then the chicken stock.
- Cover the pan tightly and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and rest for 10 minutes, allowing the rice to absorb any remaining moisture.
- Stir in half the coriander and serve with the rest sprinkled over the top.
- Add chopped chilli peppers to give a little more heat.
- Sprinkle roasted nuts along with the coriander to provide a crunchy texture.