Cookbook:Sausage and Tortellini Soup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Sausage and Tortellini Soup|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Vegetable spray or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 packages (2.5 pounds) sweet Italian sausage
- 2 cartons (1 pound) sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 1 bag (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cans (1¾ pounds) diced tomatoes
- 2 cartons (2 quarts / 4 pounds) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (1¾ pounds) fresh Three Cheese Tortellini (from dairy case)
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Coat a large stock pot with vegetable spray or 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Remove sausage from casings and heat over medium heat in stock pot until sausage is crumbled and no longer pink.
- When the sausage is completely cooked, add sliced mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are sautéed.
- Add the entire bag of baby spinach.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach is lightly sautéed.
- Add diced tomatoes and stir thoroughly.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini and simmer on low for 10–15 minutes until the pasta is cooked.
- Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese.