Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1¼ pounds skinless wild salmon filet, cut into 2-inch cubes
- Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 8 ounces olive oil
- Melted butter
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Run salmon through a meat grinder on medium setting. If you don't have a grinder, ask your butcher to do so, but ask for it to be clean before they do.
- Combine ground salmon, ¼ cup breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Form into 4 patties, each about 1¼ inch thick.
- Insert a probe thermometer into one of the cakes. Place on a greased baking pan and bake at 350°F until internal temperature reaches 130°F.
- While the salmon cooks, heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet to 375°F. Once salmon is parcooked, dredge into more breadcrumbs then immediately transfer to oil. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately with melted butter.